Grace Bailey is a multidisciplinary artist who received her BFA from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University. Her practice primarily involves analogue processes including analogue photography (35mm and large format 4x5) and creative writing which she then combines together in her hand-bound, self published, artist books. The interplay between image and written word is integral to Graces work. And while conceptually her work may vary, underlying darkness and slight humor are commonalities; explorative of topics including the human psyche, and experience - ideally challenging viewers to explore their own relationships and interpretation processes by creating work based on her own true, real, and ever evolving life.
SPOTZ, PIX 030- PRINT, 2023
• FEATURED IN PIX ISSUE 030 : JACK PIERSON
SPOTZ, PIX 029- PRINT, 2023
• FEATURED IN PIX ISSUE 029 : ZORA SICHER
VOGUE ITALIA - ONLINE, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
• MULTIPLE ONLINE PHOTOGRAPHIC PUBLICATIONS IN VOGUE ITALIA; ALL OF WHICH SEPARATE BODIES OF WORK WERE CONCEPT BASED AND FROM GRACE'S ANALOGUE PORTFOLIO.
ANDERSON AUDITORIUM GALLERY - BOSTON, 2022
• EXHIBITED ARITST BOOK, VIOLENTLY SEPARATED, 2021
DEAN'S RESEARCH GRANT, TUFTS UNIVERSITY - BOSTON, 2022
• AWARDED THE DEAN'S RESEARCH GRANT TO COMPLETE A PHOTOGRAPHIC DOCUMENTARY PROJECT, THE UNSPOKEN WORD, ON THE NATIVE FEMALE VOICE THROUGH THE LENSE OF MOTHERHOOD AND ANCESTRY.
ECHOING FORMS - ONLINE, 2021
• AN ONLINE GALLERY SPACE IN MOTION. SELECTED NUMEROUS TIMES FOR
PHOTOGRAPHIC WORK TO BE FEATURED IN THEIR ONLINE GALLERY AS WELL
AS THE PRIMARY ADVERTISEMENT POSTS ON THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA PLAT-
DIGITAL VISTAS - MISSION HILL GALLERY, BOSTON, 202O
• EXHIBITED SHORT FILM, THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, 2020
SACI GALLERY, FLORENCE, ITALY, 2019
• EXHIBITED TWO SILVER GELATIN PRINTS IN SACI'S PALAZZO DEI CARTELLONI
BEACH GOTH 7 - ONLINE, 2018